Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, July 16, 2015

#ThursdayThoughts with Mary Manners!

Good Morning!

Last Tuesday fellow Pelican Book Group author, Mary Manners shared with us something she treasures well today she's sharing a few thoughts about the colors of life.....

Life is like the changing colors of trees that line a sun-kissed horizon. Throughout our daily walk, we go through phases of bloom and loss, fullness and barrenness, vibrancy and brittle dullness, just as trees do. Through each phase, the roots of the trees remain strong and steadfast, like the roots of our faith and the promise of our Father’s unending love. No storm can conquer, no season destroy what God has put into place.
How does inspirational romance fit into the colors of our lives? Well, a good Christian romance is filled with a message that inspires hope and strengthens faith. For a brief time, the reader is transported to a place where, although the characters may not be perfect (is anyone…really?) they manage to find their way together. Love and faith shine like beacons, reminding readers there is always hope and a future for us—even during the driest, most colorless season, when all appears dull and lifeless.
I truly believe the colors of life are ever-changing to keep us aware and appreciative of God’s many precious gifts, given to each and every one of us. Romance is one of these gifts…a gift to be savored.

What do you think of the colors of life, and what season are you in? What inspirational romance has given you a bushel of hope? Please share your thoughts with us!

Mary Manners is an award-winning romance writer who lives in the beautiful foothills of East Tennessee with her husband Tim and the cherished cats they've rescued from local animal shelters...Lucky and Gus. She loves swimming, running, flavored coffee and Smoky Mountain sunsets.
Mary was named Author of the Year by Book and Trailer Showcase. She writes inspirational romances of all lengths, from short stories to novels—something for everyone.
Learn more about Mary Manners at her website: www.MaryMannersRomance.com.
Mary's latest creation, Disguised Blessings releases in August from Pelican Book Group. Find out more about her many other titles HERE.

Hope you enjoyed the post and have a Blessed day!
PamT

7 comments:

Tanya Hanson said...

Hi Mary, what a lovely metaphor you've presented us! You're such a talented writer and story teller. Thanks to you and Pam for good words to start my day!

MaryAnn Diorio, PhD, MFA said...

Thank you for your inspiring post, Mary! Your analogies are beautiful.

I believe that there is one season that is never-ending--or should be never-ending--and that is the season of hope. No matter in what season we find ourselves, we always have hope because of Jesus! :) Praise His Holy Name!

My favorite romance is that from which all true romance flows--the Divine Romance. It, too, is never-ending, always fresh, and eternally passionate. How privileged we are to be in love with our Savior!

Blessings to you, dear Mary, for this message from your heart.


MaryAnn

MJ Schiller said...

Hi, Mary! I guess I'd say I am in the Fall season. My triplets are about to leave for college at the end of summer, so in a sense, it is a season of loss for me. We will be empty nesters. But in another sense, it is full of hope. Hope for them as they start off on this new, independent stage of their life, and hope for me, as I begin a new stage as well, with more time to relax and spend time with my hubby. Fall also seems to be a season of expectancy. As you first see the leaves start to turn you are waiting for the world to be set ablaze with color. I feel that is what we are looking at, too. A period of time when all of our hard work in raising the kids will burst forth in vibrant hues that are unexpectantly brilliant! Thanks for sharing this and best wishes for your August release!

Susan Coryell said...

Living on a lake, I stay perpetually green-blue of summer. I am thankful for each day I live in this beautiful place at a great time of life with all children happily married and functioning as loving parents to their own kids/our grand kids. Thanks for a thoughtful post.

Mary Manners said...

Thanks so much for hosting me, Pam, and thanks to all of the lovely ladies who have stopped by to chat. I appreciate each of you. May your season be happy and full of wonderful blessings!

marilyn leach said...

I think I'm quad seasonal. I seldom enjoy saying good-bye to any season, although usually by spring I'm done with the snow and ice of winter. But then when fall's waning and that first snow fall flies, I start getting ready for Christmas! Can I be all four seasons? I enjoy your writing, Mary.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thank you ALL for stopping by and supporting Mary and me!
PamT