Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, March 2, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts on Finding Jesus Faith, Fact, Forgery Season 2

Good Morning and Welcome!

Mardi Gras is over and yesterday Lent began. It's a time of fasting, prayer, alms-giving and reflection. No matter your religion, it's always good to set aside time for such things and having a specific period to focus more acutely can create miracles in your life!

And that brings us to our Thursday Thoughts topic: CNN's Finding Jesus, Faith, Fact, Forgery Season 2 which Premieres Sunday, March 5th.

The title makes me laugh a little. My (deceased) husband used to chuckle when someone said they 'found' Jesus. "Jesus isn't the one who was lost," he'd say with a shake of his head.

But I always understood exactly what that person meant. I can't say I 'found' Jesus, but I CAN say I've rediscovered my love for Him. It's so easy to get complacent in our relationship with Christ, therefore, for me, Lent is the perfect time to nurture that bond.

I didn't see the first season of Finding Jesus, Faith, Fact, Forgery but I'm told it captivated audiences as well-known Pastors, theologians, and archaeologists, examined famous religious artifacts, and brought to life the places, pilgrimage sites, and people from the Bible and ancient world.

In season 2, one of the episodes focuses on Jesus’ disciple Thomas – or you may have heard of him as “doubting Thomas.”  But there is so much more to his life story.  His journey to overcome his doubts and fears, and to redeem himself by spreading the Gospel and message of love to a faraway place is an inspiration!  It’s also something we can all relate to - as each one of us at one point in our lives have had to struggle and overcome our own doubt and fears in order to fulfill a great challenge in our lives, or even during our faith journey.

I believe we've all experienced the 'Doubting Thomas' syndrome. I know I have!

I LOVE movies and documentaries about Jesus and this one looks like it'll be another great one.

Watch the Trailer.....



Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll join me each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care and God Bless
PamT

PS:  Don't forget, Eggcerpt Exchange has begun so watch for great books and excerpts in the coming weeks.


5 comments:

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Pam,

I haven't seen the series. So I can't really comment. But I found your comments very interesting. The Doubting Thomas syndrome reminds me of the Book of Job. I've always considered it powerful.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I agree Jacquie, the book of Job is very powerful!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting
PamT

Sharon Ervin said...

My characters sometimes get gigged for having a spiritual side, although my books are not devotionals or religious. My experience with human beings is that we are not one or two-dimensional. People are multi-faceted and that's the way I draw them. Good folks make mistakes and have wicked thoughts. I supposed everyone did. Sometimes we authors reveal more about ourselves than we realize.

The hit man in my last release, JINGO STREET, goes soft when he falls in love. The angelic heroine in my newest, MEMORY, is not––angelic, that is. I like people in all their dimensions, the good, the bad and the ugly. I write them like I see them and love them, saints and sinners all.

Darcy Flynn said...

I didn't know about the series, thanks for sharing the info.

Catherine Dilts said...

Nice post, Pamela. I love your husband's quote about "finding Jesus." So true!