Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, May 11, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts Guest post by Peggy A Borel

Good Morning Friends!

It is with great pleasure I host Bayou Writers Group author and friend, Peggy A Borel. In 2013 I shared some note cards Peggy created on my Tuesday Treasures post not long after Peggy shared our spotlight with her book, Teach Me A, B, C!

Today Peggy shares some thoughts with us....

Everyone loves finding hidden treasure! At least I do, don’t you? The sun shines a bit brighter when you find that crumpled five dollar bill in the pocket of your freshly washed jeans. Your smile is a bit brighter when a piece of jewelry you bought at the local yard sale is, upon closer examination, made of gold. And how would you feel today if you opened your mailbox and discovered an unexpected refund check waiting for you that would pay off all your bills?

These are nice treasures for sure, but the bigger rewards for me are the ones that cannot be held in my hand. It is the ones that blossom in my heart. As an author and artist, my goal in life is to always aspire to inspire.

A couple of years ago, God encouraged me to write and illustrate Teach Me! ABC. This is a colorful and fun children’s book that teaches not only the alphabet but also upper and lower case letters, alliteration, and beginning punctuation. My reward for creating this book is not how many I sell. My treasure is watching little smiles grow as giggles fill a room when I read, “Ellie Elephant examines eyeglasses.”

Recently, there was one youngster who purchased my book, and she watched with amazement as I autographed the inside cover for her. She said, “I never saw anyone write in a book before!”

I smiled and responded, “Maybe one day you’ll write a story, and you can autograph your book.”

Her smile blossomed, and I could see her mind contemplating that very idea. One day soon I am sure she will outgrow my book, but I pray that the seed planted that day in her mind will continue to grow throughout her life.

I have also been blessed to bring other author’s books to life with my watercolor pencils. As I read each story and talk with the writer, a picture forms in my mind for each illustration. But before the first stroke of my pencil adds color to the clean, white paper, I take a deep breath and pray with all my heart that God guides my hand. For what is created will bring to life the author’s words and must be just right. When the final stroke of color is placed, I know I will receive payment as per our agreement, but the bigger prize for me is seeing the excitement in the author’s eyes as they see their words brought to life in my drawings.

This last year, I blew the dust off an old manuscript that I had given up on. God whispered to me, “It is time!” After rereading each yellowed and ragged page, I shook my head in defeat, almost tossed it back on the shelf. The novel needed to be totally rewritten. However, that constant whisper would not leave me alone so one day I booted up the computer and started editing page one.

I am glad I listened and finished this book because recently a box was delivered to my home. Inside were copies of my book, Tempest Roars, a fictional story that is filled with inspiration, hope, and yes, a bit of romance. My payment is not how many people purchase this book. My gift is knowing God will use this novel and the bible verse at the end of each chapter to inspire and uplift others as they journey through life on the bayou with Abby Lee and Tad West, even when the tempest roars!

Hidden jewels are everywhere. We just have to look for them. My prayer today is that you find time to sift through your day to discover the seeds of smiles God has planted in your life, and remember always aspire to inspire!

Don't you just LOVE, Love, love this  ,..."Always aspire to inspire".... ? ?  I do! Thank you, Peggy for sharing your thoughts with us! 
 
BIO

Peggy A. Borel, author and artist, resides in Westlake, Louisiana, with her husband. When she is not chronicling the lives of fictional characters within her imagination or standing before an easel with paintbrush in hand, she enjoys spending time with her grown children and young grandsons.  

She is a graduate of Thomas College, Waterville, Maine, and has attended many art and writing classes offered by McNeese State University, Lake Charles, Louisiana.  She enjoys participating in artist workshops at the Gallery by the Lake.  She also studied liberal art at Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Illinois, and was awarded a degree in General Studies. 

Peggy is a member of several local author and artist groups.  She has written and illustrated Teach Me! ABC, a colorful and fun book for young children along with a companion workbook.  Recently, she published Tempest Roars, a fictional book for women filled with inspiration, hope and love.  As well as her own work, she is a successful illustrator for other authors.

Needless to say, this author and artist loves her job!

Tempest Roars is available in Ebook and Print; Teach ME! ABC is available at Amazon and directly through Peggy at: peggyaborel@gmail.com 

Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll join me each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time take care and God Bless.
PamT

4 comments:

Tena Stetler said...

I enjoyed your post. We all need hope and inspiration these days. Best of luck with Tempest Roars, sounds like a wonderful book!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Tena Stetler and have a wonderful day!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Peggy,

You have such a great attitude! I do agree with you that how many books are sold or how much money one earns from sales is not what will bring us joy. For me, it's when a reader tells me how much they enjoyed one of my books, whether it's a child, a teen, or an adult. That's what stays with a person.

Barbara Johnson said...

Thank you Peggy for the urge to all of us to look for the good things in our lives. I know you have done that for a long time. I loved your new book Tempest Roars and I am waiting for the next in the series. It has the perfect ending to pick up on a new era. Love you and knowing you as a person, artist, & author.