Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Thursday, July 13, 2017

#ThursdayThoughts West Coast Vacation Memories #5

Good Morning from Concrete, WA,

Well, we will be leaving WA on Saturday after visiting Mt. Rainier, Olympic and Cascades National Parks! I'll be sharing those memories with you soon, but as promised last Tuesday, today I'm sharing more of our California trip with you.

We spent 4 days in Yosemite National Park. This place is packed with people and filled with mountains, waterfalls and wildlife. One of the most impressive sights is the Upper and Lower falls. There's also a pretty little church in the park.




When we left Yosemite, we stopped in Placerville to visit one of my honey's friends and made a quick trip to South Lake Tahoe.... The lake was beautiful but way too commercialized for me.


After our visit to Placerville, we had 2 more national parks in CA to see, Lassen Volcanic National Park and Redwoods.

Lassen was absolutely beautiful. A lot of it was still closed off due to record snow fall this past winter but we saw enough to be satisfied with the trip. Along with the raw beauty of the volcano, there are places where hot, bubbling pots of green, slimy, sulphur boil up from the ground....UGH! 


It is amazing to find one extreme or another on the same mountain.

Next week I'll share the last National Park we visited in California along with the one in Oregon we saw so I hope you drop by for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

If you're just now joining me, check out the first 3 West Coast Vacation Memories posts Here, Here and Here!

Until next time, take care and God bless.
PamT

6 comments:

Susan Oleksiw said...

You've picked a beautiful part of the country to visit. I love the high desert country as well as the mountains. Thanks for sharing your photos also.

Tanya Hanson said...

Hi, Pam, I'm so glad you had such a superlative time in the NW. Yosemite absolutely takes my breath away. I almost wish I'd gotten married in that precious chapel in the winter. We have a picture of it in the snow with wreathes on the doors taken during a ski trip when our kids were in high school. We hang it up at Christmastime. I'm sad about your impression of Lake Tahoe though, but yeah, I see how people have de-natured parts of it. Was there any snow still on Mount Tallack--it collects in ridges and makes a cross! We are going there in the fall. I find great peace there. Blessings and love...

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Truly awesome photos, Pam! I don't get to travel and so I'm especially appreciative.

Linda McLaughlin said...

Pam, so glad you're having such a great vacation. Yosemite is beautiful, but also very crowded. I'd like to see Lassen sometime. Lived in Cali for many, many years, but never got north of Sacramento. One of these days...

Have a safe journey home.

Alicia Dean said...

Wow, breathtaking photos! I'm happy you're having a great time, but I'm a bit envious. :)

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

It's definitely been the trip of a lifetime, Susan!
Lake Tahoe was lovely, Tanya but trying to find a parking spot to actually SEE something reminded me of Florida LOL!
So glad you're enjoying the photos Jacquie. We've sent some via phone to other friends and they're loving them too....like I told them, it's our way of sharing the joy :-)
Lassen is magnificent, Linda! Wish all the roads were open though, but what we saw was truly beautiful!
I get told that a lot, Alicia LOL!

Thanks Ladies for stopping by!
Good luck and God's blessings to Each of You!
PamT