Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER:

I do not read every book/author I spotlight or book tour I host!
Readers, Please research and use wisdom before buying

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

#TuesdayTreasures - Treasure Boxes

Good Morning Friends!

Surprise....two weeks in a row I share something I treasure. A rarity, I know LOL! I pray you are blessed and in finding out what I treasure, you'll consider all of the treasures in your life.

In the spiritual work I've done over the years, I'm learning that gratitude and appreciation are two of the most important attitudes we can have. I know it may sometimes seem like there is nothing in life, or rather in certain situations, to be grateful for and/or appreciate, but like Love and Forgiveness, Gratitude and Appreciation are choices you make.

What do these have to do with treasures?

Everything!

God loves a grateful heart and the law of attraction states that what you focus on, you receive more of (thoughts and things of like quality). Therefore, reminding ourselves of what we treasure and sharing our treasures with others, is a form of gratitude and appreciation, and practicing these opens your eyes to see, ears to hear and hearts to receive even more things to appreciate and treasure.

We all have items we want to hang on to and treasure boxes that come in all shapes and sizes to put them in.

Here are a few of mine.....


Some are bought and some are homemade (bottom left is one my brother made for me) but all are crafted with love.

Luke 12:34 tells us....For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also and Philippians 4:8 exhorts us....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

This is what gratitude and appreciation do....cause you to focus your mind and heart on the good things in life.

So when you're feeling down and negative thoughts are crowding your mind, take a few moments and pull out your treasure box (physical or literal) and remember how blessed you really are!

Hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll join me each week for Tuesday Treasures, Thursday Thoughts and Saturday Spotlight.

Until next time, take care, God bless and remember....Gratitude/Appreciation is a superpower

PamT

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Beautiful treasure boxes! I have one from childhood, that I rarely use anymore. Perhaps I will need to pull it out again.

Marissa Garner said...

Lovely post.

Kara O'Neal said...

I have treasure boxes as well. All were given to me. And I absolutely agree that the more you focus on what you have to be grateful for, and then SHOW that gratefulness, the better your day goes and the more you glorify HIM. Thank you for the post. It was lovely.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Oh yes, Maureen, do so!
Thanks Marissa.
I agree Kara...speaking and showing gratitude always makes the day go smoother.

THANK YOU ALL for stopping by!
Your support is greatly appreciated.
PamT

Alina K. Field said...

You are so right! The best medicine is to stop and be grateful for all that have and can do!

Alicia Dean said...

Lovely post! If everyone practiced this, the world would be a better place. Love your treasured boxes.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks so much Alina and Alicia....

Your support is greatly appreciated.
PamT